"Resting in the Park" by Debra Snyder Heard
Taking ART229: FIGURE DRAWING class at Tech. University
“I think it’s the most important study there is and the most challenging and the most difficult.” By Wayne Thiebaud on drawing the nude.
I signed up for this class for several reasons:
- Keep up my drawing skills. Since I started back to oil painting I miss the drawing.
- Most mistakes made in painting are because the painter has not developed good drawing skills. One mistake in a painting ruins the whole painting.
- Be around other artists.
- Getting out of my comfort zone.
Drawing is not like riding a bike. You lose it if you don’t keep it up.
Bad things to look forward to:
- Being around students that still say the work “Like” five times in each sentence they use, and they usually never stop talking (I have already experience this while standing in a long line to buy a car parking tag).
- Homework and deadlines.
Good things to look forward to:
- Develop better drawing skills.
- Meeting new people and being around other artists.
- Getting out of cooking supper two nights a week.
Being over 55 has its advantages. Most universities have a 55+ programs, where there is a huge tuition waver fee .
Thank you for reading my blog.
Debra Snyder Heard